Thursday, June 14, 2012

How to get an NBI Clearance in Cebu City

There are two centers wherein you can get your NBI clearance in Cebu City. One is at N Escario St., the one near the Capitol Building, and the other one at the Robinson's Cybgergate in the vicinity of Fuente OsmeƱa. See maps below:


NBI at N Escario St. Cebu City

NBI at Robinsons Cybergate, Fuente Osmena


In my case I went to Robinson's Cybergate.

Step one: Get a priority number
I arrived there around 8:45 am. The line was already long so I suggest you go earlier like 7:30 or 8 in the morning. The center opens around 9am and shortly store security guards will start distributing priority numbers. I got mine at around 10am and I was No. 191 on the priority list that day. I was told to go back around 1:30pm to be served.

Step two:


==================================

What are the requirements?

2 Valid ID’s, You need to go there in person because they need take a photo of you and your fingerprints.

As of 2012 there will not be renewals of clearances. All must go through the same process whether you are a new applicant or supposedly renewing.

What are considered valid I.D.’s?

Voter’s I.D., Postal I.D., SSS I.D., GSIS I.D., TIN I.D., PRC License , Driver’s License, Company I.D, Valid Passport, ACR (for aliens), Senior Citizen I.D., Philhealth I.D., Student ID

When will you get the NBI Clearance?

Your NBI Clearance will be released the same day you apply for in, UNLESS there is a “hit”! You will find out when you can claim your NBI Clearance upon entering your data. They will place a mark at the back of your receipt, and it’s either without hit (you proceed to releasing area) or with hit.

What is a “hit”?

When you get a “hit” it probably means you share the same name with somebody else. You will have to come back after a week to either claim your NBI Clearance or be interviewed. Refer to the mark at the back of your receipt for the date you have to come back to the NBI Clearance Center.


0 comments:

Post a Comment